Monday 16 January 2012

Production Diary: Lesson Two in the Production of My Music Magazine Cover...

I started adding text to my music magazine cover and I started with the slogan of the magazine which is called 'The Underground King of Dubstep'. I used this slogan because as I said in my choice of genre section, Dubstep is not a topic that people always talk about and its mostly gossip in celebrity magazines and so on so this magazine is attempting to reignite the sensation of Dubstep. The slogan also means that Dubstep is the king and it will hold onto its crown even when its dead literally making the genre an Underground King or the magazine the Underground king. I used a red colour scheme on the masthead to complement the gradient background but also complement the red on the model's jacket where it says 'Summit Series'.  I also placed a barcode and a QR code which is a way of interactivity so people with iPhones and Android phones can scan this code and go on the website and view the more in-depth of the magazine. I also added a price of £1.99 as this is the average price for a magazine so this price will suit the audience's budget. I added a Issue no. and the date of this issue using the same colour scheme as the slogan in a blue colour scheme. I limited the amount of colours I use in the magazine as it should only have about 3 or 4 colour schemes on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment