Thursday 19 January 2012

Production Diary: Lesson Three in the Production of My Music Magazine Cover...

This lesson I started by placing a thin border around the magazine cover to make it look more professional but it seems to look complicated to see. I also started adding text to my magazine by using sell lines and this is a convention of a magazine. I also moved the price, QR code and barcode to the right hand corner of the magazine as I felt that after doing this, the space to place sell lines expanded. I need to change the colour scheme in the other sell lines as they all have the same colour and doesn't make the magazine more appealing and I had trouble attempting to think of a different colour scheme for these sell lines but I would like to avoid using universal colours such as black and white and I also do not want to use the same font type for the text so differentiating between fonts would help make my magazine look more appealing. On the main sell line which is in a brown colour, I added effects on it such as a shadow, emboss and bevel, this makes the magazine look like existing magazines and helps the appeal.
Next lesson, I will add more sell lines and text to the cover and vary between typefaces and colour schemes and then I shall start working on my contents page after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment