Tuesday 15 November 2011

Research on UK Magazine Industry cont. 2...

5. Which publishing house (EMAP, BAUER etc.) do you think would be suitable for your magazine and why?
The publishing house I think is suitable for my magazine is BAUER as it collaborates with the sub genre of my magazine which is Dubstep which also links to media and rather than collaborating with the existing magazines such as Closer, FHM etc. it also relates to music magazines which would be suitable in my position.

6. How do you expect to generate sales and gain a share of the market?  What is it about your magazine that is different?
To generate sales and gain a share of the market, I would aim to look at the interests of my audience as my audience must be enticed by the magazine to keep them subscribed to my magazine so I would create a survey to find out what my audience like to or prefer to read in magazines and what interests they have in magazines. I would also sell merchandise for free to evaluate how many sales I can make. If people can subscribe to my fan page which I will possibly create, they can be entitled to having access to the magazine and subscription to receiving the magazine annually. As Dubstep is used for special occasions, I will organise events to house parties and clubs where famous music artists come and perform, I would also organise competitions for 10 lucky winners to get free tickets and VIP backstage passes to the events. To advertise my magazine, I would use posters, advertisements, blog posts etc. which is a low-costing yet effective way to reach out to my audience and make them aware of what's new.

The concept of my magazine will be totally different to existing magazines as my advertising methods will differ by complex ways. I would vary between different techniques such as creating a website which will at the beginning have a snippet of the magazine but then as more subscribers come, it will expand to full exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment